The U.S. Embassy has been informed of a charter flight planned for October 23, 2020 departing from Turkmenbashy International Airport to Istanbul Airport. The flight will be operated by Turkish Airlines and the cost of the ticket from Turkmenbashi to Istanbul will be $500.00.
The baggage allowance is limited to 30 kg per passenger and carry ons may not exceed 4 kg. Passengers will not be allowed to carry or pay for excess baggage or hand luggage.
The United States government is not sponsoring or otherwise endorsing this flight but is making this information available to potentially interested U.S. citizens, and is prepared to liaise with the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey to facilitate travel information for private U.S. citizens who decide to avail themselves of this avenue for departing the country.
U.S. citizens who are interested in departing on this flight and who are in possession of a valid passport should send the following information to AshgabatUSCitizen@state.gov no later than 10:00 a.m. Ashgabat time on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
Your email message should include the following information:
- Full name as spelled in your passport
- U.S. passport number, and its date of issuance and expiration
- A current telephone number and email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Please note your current location (city and country) and any special needs you may have, such as medical issues.
- A photograph of the biographical information page of your passport
United States citizens without a valid passport but who wish to express interest in the flights should send the above information and refer to their most recent expired passport. If you do not have a valid passport you should clearly indicate this in your email. You will be contacted with information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
Citizens of Turkmenistan who are U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents should consider host country travel restrictions and must obtain approval from the Government of Turkmenistan to depart Turkmenistan in order to be on the manifest of charter flights. Please contact the U.S. Embassy Consular Section (email@example.com) for additional information.
We understand that all incoming passengers to Turkey are subject to health screenings and passengers with COVID-like symptoms may be required to have a PCR test.
Additional Actions to Take:
- At this time, there are no commercial flights into or out of Turkmenistan. If you are interested in information about future special charter flights departing Turkmenistan, register your interest via email at AshgabatUSCitizen@state.gov.
- U.S. citizens should keep cell phones charged, with the number of the U.S. Embassy easily accessible. U.S. citizens who plan to seek medical care and are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms should plan ahead in case of quarantine including carrying key phone numbers, preparing supplies of prescription medications or other health records, informing friends or family members of health appointments, etc.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://tm.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Turkmenistan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
9 1984 Street (formerly Pushkin Street)
Tel. +993 12 940045