American Councils for International Education announces the 2019 testing schedule for the U.S. Government-funded FLEX Exchange Program for High School Students. Finalists in the competition will have the opportunity to live with an American family and study in an American high school during the 2020-2021 school year. The FLEX program pays for all travel, housing and living expenses for program participants with all funding generously provided by the Government of the United States of America. Students with disabilities are also encouraged to participate in the competition. More than 300 disabled students have participated in FLEX over the program’s history, including 6 from Turkmenistan.
FLEX testing is open to all high school students who meet the following requirements:
- Born between March 15, 2002 and May 31, 2004; students in the 11th grade who are required to complete military service are ineligible;
- Have not lived in the United States for more than three months in the last five years;
- Speak English well;
- Are currently enrolled in a secondary school, having an academic standing of good or better;
- Are eligible to receive a U.S. visa;
- Are citizens of Turkmenistan.
In order to participate in the competition please bring a proof of eligibility (original birth certificate or passport), one recent photograph (3×4 cm), a pen, and you must wear your school uniform.
All students at the testing center must demonstrate respectful and appropriate behavior at all times or risk disqualification from the FLEX competition. No cellular phones or other electronic equipment (computers, iPads, iPods, e-readers, cameras, etc.) will be allowed in the testing center. Students bringing these items to the testing center risk disqualification from the FLEX competition.
|Turkmenbashy, Balkan Region||October 13||9:00||School 10, Turkmenbashy|
|Balkanabat, Balkan Region||October 20||9:00||School 3, Balkanabat|
|Dashoguz, Dashoguz Region||October 27||9:00||School 2, Dashoguz|
|Turkmenabat, Lebap Region||November 3||9:00||School 2, Turkmenabat|
|Mary, Mary Region||November 10||9:00||School 19, Mary|
|Tejen, Ahal Region||November 17||9:00||School 3, Tejen|
|Аshgabat||November 24||9:00||School 20, Ashgabat|
* Students who study at schools in the Ahal Region can take the FLEX Round 1 Test in Tejen or Ashgabat based on whichever location is more convenient for them.
** Students who study at schools in any region can take the FLEX Round 1 Test in Ashgabat if they miss the testing in their home region. Students can only participate in one Round 1 Test per year.
Please contact American Councils for further information: tel. (+99312) 36-90-16; (+99363) 50-20-36 http://americancouncilstm.org/flex/