The U.S. Embassy in Turkmenistan announces an open competition for the 2019-2020 William Fulbright Program for Foreign Scholars. This program provides opportunities for outstanding scholars and faculty members from Turkmenistan to conduct non-degree academic research in various universities in the United States. Program length ranges from 3 to 12 months.
Eligible research categories include:
- American Studies: Interdisciplinary and comparative studies of American literature, arts, history, philosophy, and religion;
- Economics and Communication: Business, microeconomics and macroeconomics, agriculture, communications, and information sciences;
- Public Administration: Theory and management of social institutions, such as social welfare, education and health care systems, urban planning, engineering, and architecture;
- Law: Legislative development, the judiciary, regulatory processes, energy law, property law, independent and government systems;
- Natural Sciences and Environmental Studies: Mathematics, biology, geology, geography, chemistry, environmental policy making;
- Liberal Arts Studies: Art, art history, creative writing, dance, film studies, journalism, library science, linguistics, music, and theater;
- Regional Studies: Regional cooperation and U.S.-Turkmenistan bilateral issues.
Candidates should possess:
- Doctoral degree or a minimum of 15 years of post-graduate experience in their chosen field of study;
- Proficiency in English that would enable the candidate to carry out the proposed research in the United States.
- 2 recommendation letters
- Research plan (as part of the application)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
Application forms are available at https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars
For consultations, please email AshgabatEducation@state.gov, call (+99312) 473503 ext. 231, or contact American Corners in Mary (+993522) 73865, Turkmenabat (+993422) 33771 and Dashoguz (+993322) 29259.