The U.S. Embassy in Turkmenistan announces an open competition for the 2018-2019 William Fulbright Program for Foreign Scholars. This program provides opportunities for outstanding scholars and faculty members from Turkmenistan to conduct research in various universities in the United States. Program length ranges from 3 to 12 months.
Eligible research categories include:
- American Studies: Interdisciplinary and comparative studies of American literature, arts, history, philosophy, and religion;
- Economics and Communication: Business, microeconomics and macroeconomics, agriculture, communications, and information sciences;
- Public Administration: Theory and management of social institutions, such as social welfare, education and health care systems, urban planning, engineering, and architecture;
- Law: Legislative development, the judiciary, regulatory processes, energy law, property law, independent and government systems;
- Natural Sciences and Environmental Studies: Mathematics, biology, geology, geography, chemistry, environmental policy making;
- Liberal Arts Studies: Art, art history, creative writing, dance, film studies, journalism, library science, linguistics, music, and theater;
- Regional Studies: Regional cooperation and U.S.-Turkmenistan bilateral issues.
Candidates should possess:
- Doctoral degree or a minimum of 15 years of experience in their chosen field of study;
- Proficiency in English that would enable the candidate to carry out the proposed research in the United States.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
Application forms are available at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/30/
For consultations, please email AshgabatEducation@state.gov, call (+99312) 473503 ext. 231, or get in touch with American Corners in Mary (+993522) 73865, Turkmenabat (+993422) 33771 and Dashoguz (+993322) 60773.