Open Competition for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Academic Year 2024-2025
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides opportunities for outstanding young professionals from Turkmenistan to pursue studies in a one or two-year master’s degree program at an American university beginning in August 2024. Applications are accepted in all fields except medicine and veterinary studies, or other fields requiring direct patient contact. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2023.
In order to apply, please go to: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024/
Application requirements (all uploaded into the completed application):
- A university degree and corresponding diploma with transcript
- At least 2 years of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required
- Three (3) letters of recommendation submitted via the application platform
- Candidates must be fully fluent in English
- (optional) previous TOEFL/GRE/GMAT scores
Please note the following:
- All documents uploaded into the application must be in English or have an official English translation
- Individuals with U.S. residency are ineligible for the program
- Applicants must be current residents of Turkmenistan
Step 1: By May 31: submit a completed application with additional materials uploaded into the system.
Step 2: First half of June: the U.S. Embassy evaluates applications and invites successful candidates for interviews via email. Candidates not physically located in Ashgabat at the time of the interview will be interviewed via phone.
Step 3: Second half of June: the U.S. Embassy conducts interviews with notified candidates.
Step 4: September/October: the U.S. Embassy registers candidates who have successfully passed the interview stage for the TOEFL and GRE/GMAT tests. All tests are paid for by the program.
Step 5: October: The U.S. Embassy submits the roster of successful candidates to the Fulbright Committee in Washington, DC for the final review.
To learn more about the TOEFL/GRE/GMAT tests, please go to the following websites:
- TOEFL: https://www.ets.org/toefl
- GRE: https://www.ets.org/gre
- GMAT: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat
All candidates are encouraged to prepare for the tests as far in advance as possible, and to keep in mind that final university placement may depend on these scores.
If you have questions about the program, please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy at AshgabatEducation@state.gov
Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2023 at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024/