The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Young Women Leaders is now accepting applications for the program on the topic of Environmental Issues. The 5-week program will take place beginning in June 2024; if conditions do not allow for an in-person program, it will have a virtual format, consisting of similar activities. The deadline to apply is December 18, 2023.
Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Young Women Leaders is an intensive short-term academic program whose purpose is to provide undergraduate students with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their management skills. The program will enhance participants’ knowledge of U.S. history, government, society, and culture while developing their leadership skills. It will examine how government policies, business practices, and socio-cultural norms affect women through the lens of Environmental Issues. The Institutes will also provide participants with opportunities to discuss current U.S. and global women’s issues such as: progress and opportunities for women’s leadership, combatting violence against women, addressing income disparity and other challenges to women in the workplace, women’s health issues, and the ways in which women can contribute to global peace, security, and stability.
The program will cover all participant costs, including visas, international and domestic travel, ground transportation, an allowance for books, cultural activities and incidental expenses, and housing and food. All participants will receive medical insurance for the duration of the program.
- Female (only) university students aged 18-25
- English language ability – translation or interpretation is not available during the program, therefore all participants need to be proficient in English.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program – applicants must have at least one semester left at their home university after completing the program.
- Demonstrated high level of achievement in academics, as evidenced by recommendation letters and academic transcripts.
- Little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside their home country.
How to Apply:
Candidates must fill out the application form that’s available for download here – MS Word version (DOC 49 KB) or by sending a request to AshgabatEducation@state.gov. Completed applications must be submitted to AshgabatEducation@state.gov by December 18, 2023.
Note: applications are accepted by email only.
Questions may be sent to email: AshgabatEducation@state.gov