The Study of the United States Institute for Students is now accepting applications for a program on Women’s Leadership. The program will take place in June – July 2018, and the deadline to apply is 18:00 on December 31, 2017.
The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Students is an intensive short term academic program whose purpose is to provide undergraduate students with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their management skills. The five-week Institutes will consist of a series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, activities, and other opportunities within the local setting. The Institutes will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
All participant costs will be covered by the program. This includes visa and travel fees, housing and food, and incidental allowances.
All participants will receive medical insurance for the duration of the program.
- Female (only) students aged 18-25
- English language ability – translation or interpretation is not available during the program, therefore all participants need to be proficient in English.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program – applicants must have at least one semester left at their home university after returning from the program.
- Demonstrated high level of achievement in academics, as evidenced by recommendation letters and academic transcripts.
- Little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States.
How to Apply:
Submit an application by 18:00, December 31, 2017. Applications are available for download here – MS Word version (DOC 49KB) and Adobe PDF version (PDF 198 KB) or by sending a request to AshgabatEducation@state.gov. Applications can be submitted by email, or in person to the Public Affairs Section, 3rd Floor, International Business Center, 70 Andalyp Street (Andalyp corner Yunus Emre).
Email AshgabatEducation@state.gov or call (+99312) 473503 x 231.