This series of 6-week, non-degree, post-graduate programs will take place in various higher education institutions of the United States starting in late June 2019, and will focus on the following fields:
- American Culture and Values
- American Politics and Political Thought
- Contemporary American Literature
- Journalism and Media
- Religious Freedom and Pluralism
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Youth, Workforce Development, and Closing the Skills Gap
The following criteria apply:
- Candidates should be mid-career, motivated and experienced professionals from institutions of higher education.
- Candidates should have little or no prior experience in the United States.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have firm plans to enhance, update or develop courses or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component, develop new courses in the subject of the visited institute, enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or offer specialized seminars for professionals in US studies areas related to the program theme.
- Candidates should be mid-career, typically between the ages of 30–50.
- Candidates should be able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour.
- Each candidate should provide a short personal statement (one page) indicating why he or she is interested in participating in the program and what he or she expects to get out of the program.
- Candidates should demonstrate English language fluency. They must be able to handle substantial reading assignments in English, and to fully and actively participate in all seminar and panel discussions.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have special interest in the program subject areas as demonstrated through past scholarship, accomplishments and professional duties.
The program covers all costs – travel, living expenses, books, incidentals and medical insurance.
Applications can be downloaded here: MS Word version, you can fill in and print (DOC 42 KB) or in Adobe PDF format (PDF 55 KB); Full descriptions of Institutes can be downloaded here (PDF 14 KB). Applications can be submitted by email or in person. For additional information please email: AshgabatEducation@state.gov.
Deadline for applications is January 18, 2019.