Free Publications by Peace Corps Volunteers and their Counterparts
In 2012, the United States Peace Corps concluded its work in Turkmenistan after two fruitful decades. In the course of their time here, Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) reached all corners of the country, taking on a wide range of projects and building some of the strongest links in the U.S.-Turkmenistan relationship.
Among all the endeavors taken on by American volunteers with their Turkmen counterparts, the creation of educational and cultural materials is one of the most significant. In appreciation of its time in Turkmenistan and all that it accomplished with the help of the Turkmen people, the Peace Corps is generously making these materials available for the public.
Please find a collection of works composed by volunteers and their local partners below for your reference.
- “Beginning English Curriculum: Grades 5-10″ (PDF 2 MB)
- “Putting It All Together: Teachers’ Handbook, English 6” (PDF 616 KB)
- “501 Turkmen Verbs” (PDF 791KB)
- “Colloquial Turkmen: Second Edition” (PDF 6 MB)
- “Turkmen-English, English-Turkmen Dictionary (Türkmençe-Iňlisçe Iňlisçe-Türkmençe sözlük)” (PDF 7 MB)
- “Turkmen Language Grammar Guide” (PDF 806 KB)
- “Dining in America: A Guide for non-Native English Speakers” (PDF 202 KB)
- “Ingredients for Teaching: Easy, Exciting Activities for Beginning English Teachers” (PDF 3 MB)
- “Healthy Pregnancy Lesson Plans (Sagdyn göwrelilik sapak meýilnamalary)” (PDF 782 KB)
- “Sagdyn halkym (My Healthy Nation)” (PDF 7 MB)