Quarantine Measures at Turkmenistan Airports
Event: The U.S. Embassy is not aware of any known cases of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Turkmenistan. As a precautionary measure, the Government of Turkmenistan is implementing quarantine measures based on travel histories that suggest the possible presence of the COVID-19. Travelers displaying symptoms of possible exposure and/or travel histories indicating possible exposure may be sent to hospitals for mandatory quarantine upon arrival at Turkmenistan Airports.
Actions to Take:
- Due to the possibility of quarantine for an unknown period of time, please carry additional supplies of necessary medication in carry-on luggage as well as key contact information such as local tour operator telephone numbers.
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures in the United States.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away if you traveled to Wuhan, China, or other countries where you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus and feel sick, have fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.