Event: The European Aviation Safety Agency has suspended Turkmenistan Airlines landing rights at European Union airports.
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has suspended Turkmenistan Airlines flights to and from the European Union airports pending confirmation that it meets international air safety standards. Effective immediately American Embassy personnel may not fly Turkmenistan Airlines on official travel. This ban includes both domestic and international flights. When the suspension is lifted, the ban will be reviewed. In light of this ban, recommend U.S. citizens take the EASA suspension in to consideration when booking flights.
Actions to Take:
- Consider booking flights on other airlines.
- Monitor media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
+993 12 940049
+ (99363) 047683 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates