TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF NOTARIAL SERVICES
In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States Embassy in Turkmenistan has suspended routine notarial services at this time. We will resume notarial services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. Please monitor this website for updates on when notarial services will resume.
The U.S. Embassy provides notarial services for certain documents that are to be used in the United States.
On the day of your appointment, please make sure to:
- Appear in person and bring a valid government-issued photo ID (U.S. or foreign) with your signature (such as a passport, driver’s license or ID card).
- Ensure that your documents are organized in order. The Embassy cannot assemble your documents for your or provide legal advice on their preparation.
- Ensure that you understand the content of your documents, where you need to sign and which of your signatures need to be notarized, as our staff will not be able to explain these items to you.
- If you are unprepared for your appointment, you may be required to make a new appointment.
Schedule a notarial appointment
All notary services at the U.S. Embassy Ashgabat are by appointment only. Please schedule your appointment for notarial services through our electronic system:
List of documents you will need to bring for your notarial appointment:
- Passport (if Turkmenistan passport please bring internal and “zagran”)
- Original document to be notarized
- The fee is $50.00 per notary.
If you have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during information hours at (+99312) 940049 on Mondays or Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.