Applying for a U.S. passport abroad is a different process from applying for one in the United States. The application forms, required documentation, and costs are the same, but expedited services are not available.
Please use our Passport Wizard to fill out your passport application. Completing your application online and printing it will help assure timely and accurate processing.
- If your passport has already expired, it cannot be extended. You must apply for a new passport.
- If your full-validity passport expired on or after January 1, 2020 and you have an urgent need to return directly to the United States, you may be able to travel on the expired passport. For more information, please visit the Department of State’s website here.
- To renew a passport for a child under the age of 16, please follow the instructions for a minor passport application.
- If your child received a passport between age 0 and 5 and they are applying for a passport renewal, please provide yearly photographs to demonstrate the change in appearance.
- The processing time for passports is four to six weeks.
Apply for a Passport
An advance online appointment is required for all routine passport application services. Please schedule online appointment at online appointment system
If you have questions please email us at email@example.com