Name Changes and Other Amendments

The U.S. Embassy no longer amends valid passports and no longer adds additional passport pages. Customers requesting name changes, extension of validity for limited passports or correction of a printing error should apply for replacement passports. If the requested change is within one year after issuance, please  submit a U.S. Passport Re-Application Form (DS 5504) together with the passport that needs the change, the documentation required, and new passport pictures. There will be no charge. If the change is more than one year after issuance, customers will need to submit an application for a new passport and pay the routine fees. More detailed information about name changes and other amendments is available at the Department of State’s website here.