Replacing a Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport

If your most recent passport is missing or badly damaged, you will need to bring the following when you apply:

  • DS-11 Form
  • One 2-inch x 2-inch (5cm x 5cm) professional quality color photo taken on a white background
  • A completed DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport
  • The $145 application fee
  • You should also bring any documents you have which show your identity and/or U.S. citizenship, such as a driver’s license or other photo ID, a birth certificate or a naturalization certificate. The Embassy has computer records that may help determine your eligibility for a U.S. passport, but it is the responsibility of each applicant to prove his or her identity and citizenship. If replacing a stolen passport, you may be asked to provide a police report. If you are replacing a minor (under 16) passport, please note the two-parent consent requirements.

More detailed information about replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport is available on the Department of State’s website here.