The U.S. Embassy in Ashgabat announces an intensive, three-month, graduate-level course titled “Advanced Program in Law and Economics for Representatives from Central Asia,” for young and mid-career level government, civil society, and media participants from Turkmenistan and other Central Asian states.
The course will be conducted at the Riga Graduate School of Law in Riga, Latvia, from September 22 to December 18, 2015. The program will offer practical support and skills to participants who wish to engage in law and economics, focusing on increasing cooperation with the European Union. The program is an opportunity for professionals from Latvia’s Central Asian partners to hone their professional skills and learn valuable lessons from Latvia’s 20-year history of European integration.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials to AshgabatEducation@state.gov by Friday, June 19, 2015:
- proof of English-language proficiency (such as IELTS, TOEFL, or IBT scores);
- a letter describing why they want to take part in this program;
- a description of their present job and function;
- curriculum vitae, including at least two to three years of professional experience;
- copies of any university diplomas;
- and a recommendation letter from the current employer.
Finalists will be interviewed and selected by June 26, 2015. Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy at (+99312) 473503 and (+99312) 473506 for more information.