Two award-winning film experts of the American Film Showcase (AFS) program, director Steven (Sandy) Smolan and cinematographer Christopher Chomyn, will visit Ashgabat May 20-25 to share their expertise with professionals in the field of filmmaking.
These two cinematographers will give public presentations and screenings at the U.S. Embassy’s Information Resource Center (IRC) and the Ashgabat Cinema according to the following schedule:
- May 20, 17:30 – screening of the film “Rachel River” followed by Q&A
- May 23, 15:30 – chat with the Embassy’s followers via Line mobile chat application
- May 23, 17:00 – presentation “Virtual Reality”
- May 21, 12:00 – “She++”, documentary film in English with Turkmen subtitles followed with a Q&A session with public after the film
- May 21, 16:00 – “Big Dream”, documentary film in English with Russian subtitles
- May 21, 18:30 – “Top Spin”, documentary film in English with Turkmen subtitles
The American Film Showcase (AFS) program is a cultural program, which organizes workshops and screenings with participation of American filmmakers in more than 35 countries every year to promote intercultural understanding.
For more information about this event, please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ashgabat at (+99312) 473503 and (+99312) 473506 or e-mail email@example.com.