Each year, the U.S. Government makes 50,000 permanent residence visas available through the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program. Visa applicants are selected through a computer-generated, random lottery and distributed among six geographic regions with a greater number of visas going to countries with lower rates of immigration to the United States. The selection of a person’s name in the lottery gives that person the opportunity to take the next steps in the visa application process. General information on the Diversity Visa Program may be found here.
The E-DV system will be open for entries beginning noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, and will close for entries at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Individuals who submit more than one entry during the registration period will be disqualified. Additional information on the DV-2024 Program may be found here. The English version of the DV-2024 Program Instructions (PDF 374 KB) in are provided for your convenience and required use. The English language version of the DV-2024 Program Instructions is the only official version.
Step by step instructions for selectees are available here.
List of required documents for DV visa interview:
- Passport: An international passport and a copy of the biographical data page for each applicant. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of entry into the U.S.
- Immigrant Visa Application: Click here for information on how to fill out your online immigrant visa application forms.
- Photos: 2 photos 5×5 cm, with white background (you will need to provide additional photos to our doctor for medical examination forms).
- Birth Certificate: original birth certificate, copy with attached English translation.
- Marriage (divorce/death) Certificate: original marriage (divorce/death) certificate, copy with attached English translation. Married couples need to bring a separate copy with attached English translation.
- Your medical exam results in a sealed envelope
- Police Certificates: Original and English translation of Police Certificate from all countries where you have lived for more than one year since the age 16. The Police Certificates from Turkmenistan are considered unavailable and are not required for U.S. immigrant visa purposes.
- Court and Prison Records: if an applicant had was charged with criminal conviction, he/she needs to submit an original, copy with attached English translation of all relevant court and prison documents.
- Military Record: original, copy with attached English translation (if applicable).
- Education credentials: Original, copy with attached English translation of high school diploma (attestat), and all other post-secondary education and degrees. Additional documents may be requested based on interview.
- DV processing fee $330.00 per person including children.