American Councils for International Education announces the 2018 testing schedule for the U.S. Government-funded FLEX Exchange Program for High School Students. Finalists in the competition will have the opportunity to live with an American family and study in an American high school during 2018-2019 school year. The FLEX program pays for all travel, housing and living expenses for program participants with all funding generously provided by the Government of the United States of America. Students with disabilities are also encouraged to participate in the competition. More than 300 disabled students have participated in FLEX over the program’s history, including 6 from Turkmenistan.
FLEX testing is open to all high school students who meet the following requirements:
- born between March 15, 2000 to May 31, 2002; students in the 11th grade who are required to complete military service are ineligible;
- have not stayed in the United States for more than three months in the last five years;
- speak English well;
- are currently enrolled in a secondary school, having an academic standing of good or better;
- are eligible to receive a U.S. visa;
- are citizens of Turkmenistan.
In order to participate in the competition please bring a proof of eligibility (original birth certificate or passport), one recent photograph (3×4 cm), a pen, and must wear your school uniform.
All students at the testing center must demonstrate respectful and appropriate behavior at all times or risk disqualification from the FLEX competition. No cellular phones or other electronic equipment (computers, iPADs, iPODs, e-readers, cameras, etc.) will be allowed in the testing center. Students bringing these items to the testing center risk disqualification from the FLEX competition.
American Councils is not responsible for organizing or providing travel for eligible participants in the FLEX competition. Parents and students must make their own travel arrangements for all rounds of the competition. NO REIMBURSEMENT OR PAYMENT FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES WILL BE PROVIDED FOR PARTICIPANTS OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS BY AMERICAN COUNCILS.
Students are required to take the exam for their home region on the date and time assigned below – NO EXCEPTIONS.
|Mary, Mary region
Dashoguz, Dashoguz region
Balkanabat, Balkan region*
|January 14||10:00||School 20, Ashgabat||Ashgabat, 20 Rejep Byashimov St.|
|Turkmenabat, Lebap region
Turkmenbashy, Balkan region
|January 21||10:00||School 20, Ashgabat||Ashgabat, 20 Rejep Byashimov St.|
|Аshgabat*||January 28||09:00||School 20, Ashgabat||Ashgabat, 20 Rejep Byashimov St.|
* Students can only participate in one Round 1 Test per year. Students who take the exam more than once will be disqualified from the competition. Students must take the exam on the specific date for which they are assigned.
Please contact American Councils for further information: tel. (+99312) 36-90-16; (+99362) 01-51-87